Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bohemian Days...

Some people recall 'home' when they smell something baking, or hear certain music, or partake of a certain tradition.  Those things can remind me of Bohemia too - but so can the weather.

A vibrant, ember-orange sunrise that makes you feel warm just by looking at it reminds me of Bohemia.

The stillness, and grey-scale wash over the world after it's rained reminds me of Bohemia.

Afternoons with skies that threaten to storm accompanied by light winds and the kind of bright, defused light that doesn't require sunglasses reminds me of Bohemia.

Blazing hot summer days remind me of Bohemia.

...in short, a day doesn't go by in Maryland when I'm not reminded of the motherland =)

.......except maybe in the winter...it doesn't snow there like it snows here.  There, the snow comes down magically and beautifully, is enjoyed with hot tea and good books, but is melted by the next day.  It's a weird meteorlogical thing - heavy snows are always followed by 50 degree weather.  We did have one Bohemian snow this past winter, and that made me think of home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment