Friday, April 17, 2009

"Bohemian Princess?..."

"What?" I said.

"A bohemian princess," my husband repeated.  "That's what you are!"

I kept an eyebrow raised at him...while Bohemian sounded cool, I'd never be type-cast as a princess...

My chagrin came back to harang my husband throughout the rest of that day in the form of information about Bohemia.

"Aw, look how green this pear is!! They have pears like this in Bohemia - I know, I'm the princess."

"Man it's cold...you know, it's never this cold in Bohemia - I know, I've lived there."

"Pizza is so much more readily available in Bohemia...I miss it...*sniff*..."

Now, my husband just laughed along with these things, so I didn't really succeed in my payback scheme.  After one of these comments, he turned to me with the big eyes he gets when he's just had a brilliant idea.

"You should start a blog!  A blog where you can write all about Bohemia!"

I rolled my eyes.  "No one would read that..." I protested.

"I bet people would," he held.  I dismissed it, telling him I already had a blog, and that 2 blogs that no one reads is definitely worse than one blog that no one reads.  

Well, one day of telling my husband all about he delights of Bohemia must have set the practice in my mind...because I made another comment at work the next day, after which I had to explain myself...and the blog idea...and after one friend voiced such enthusiastic support I checked the domain name availability and, well, here I am - the Princess of Bohemia, here to tell you all about my homeland and the delights and adventures therein.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment